Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Turning into a Toddler

The last few weeks have been pretty quiet for us. We haven't done much of anything other than work, hang out at home, and the usual play time at night. Ethan and I have also come down with some pretty nasty colds recently and haven't felt like doing much other than sitting under a blanket, cuddling, and watching some Ellen.

A couple of weeks ago, on St. Patrick's Day, Ethan and I did go with Lainey and Mike's mom to the library for a story and play time. Before the story started, Ethan played puzzles with Lainey and Peg for a little while. Otherwise, he ran around saying hi and asking for high fives from the other moms and kids.
Overall, Ethan is a pretty laid back, fun, happy little guy. We have been battling a bit with hitting, but he is definitely getting better at listening lately.
We can usually tell when he is thinking about being naughty. He either looks right at us with a little grin or is suddenly silent. In both of the cases below, he was especially quiet. The first one was when I was attempting to do dishes after lunch. He had been running around in just a diaper when suddenly he was way too quiet. Sure enough, when I turned the corner, there he was completely naked playing with his toys, his diaper sitting nicely in the corner.
The next pic is me catching him in the act. He had been reading stories nicely in his room, banging around in the closet, when suddenly it was quiet. He had figured out the buttons to the TV and was turning it on and off.
A little over a week ago, we actually had some really nice weather. While I was at work, Mike and Ethan had lots of fun outside. Ethan is getting pretty good at kicking the ball around, so Mike took him out for some soccer practice - we will have to work on the whole hands on the ball thing.

They also went for a bike ride on this cool bike my dad got Ethan for Christmas. It transitions from a bike we can push/steer to a little bike he will someday be able to ride all alone. Mike said Ethan loved it! As I'm sure you can see from his face - he thought he was pretty cool too!
As a side note, this week while Ethan and I were eating lunch, I noticed something big moving in the tree. Sure enough, there was a huge hawk hunting in the greenbelt!
Finally, here are a couple videos.

The first is of Ethan's awesome phone skills! At the end you can hear his new favorite thing to say, "see ya!"



The second is Ethan dancing/being crazy.


New words: bye bye, love you, turn turn turn, Bubba (my mom's dog), all done, all gone.

1 comment:

Tracey Leeder said...

Wow that boys got some crazy mad dance skills! I think he gets it from his Grandma N! Love the phone talking video. He has that See ya down to an art. Such a joy to watch him grow. He is the sweetest (and cutest) boy ever. Love him to pieces and then some. The pic of the hawk is pretty sweet too. Not something you see everyday. I am sure you have lots of bunnies in the greenbelt. Reminds me of the bird incident at my house a year or 2 ago :( Sometimes nature is so cruel. Much love to you all. MOM