Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

April 2012

I know, I'm a bit tardy...again!  April just seemed to fly by and now we are already half of the way through May!  Ethan's language and play skills seem to be evolving by the day.  He has really started to get into pretend play.  He makes his animals do various things now and they even give each other hugs and kisses.  One of his usual activities is to put his animals, and sometimes mom and dad, night night.  He uses his washcloths as blankets, says "sweet dreams" and "sleep tight," turns out the light and then lays down himself. 
Another new fascination is cars.  My mom got him a bunch of different types of cars.  He likes to make them race or go over ramps; but most of all he likes to just line them up.
Ethan also had a really good time this year on Easter.  We got to go to K&W to meet the Easter bunny and also to a HUGE egg hunt in Milton. The night before we also had dinner with my mom. The day of Easter, we went to church and followed that up with lunch and cake at Mike's mom's house to celebrate Mike's birthday which was the next day.  Ethan LOVED the Easter bunny at K&W this year.

I'm not sure how well you can see all of the eggs, but there were a ton!  Ethan could hardly wait to take off running to get his eggs but once the race actually started he seemed just as content watching all of the other kids take off running to get them. In the end, we did scrounge up a few!
Easter morning - almost 22 weeks pregnant!  Our 20 week ultrasound showed everything is completely normal, including my cervix! 
Although the picture quality kinda stinks since I took a picture of the picture on my dad's phone, I thought it was still cute enough to make the blog!
Grandpa and Ethan on Easter
Grandma and Ethan snuggling
Attempt at a pic of the boys :)
Moms and babies at church :)  Had to get a pic of the two pregnant ladies.
Mike's birthday cake this year :)  We all got a bit of a chuckle.  Mike's mom had called to get him a birthday cake and asked if they had anything Bears, Cubs, or fishing related.  They had none of the above.  So, she asked if they could just make it Easter themed.  This is what he got...he especially liked the little pink bunnies!
The day after Easter was Mike's true birth date so Ethan and I picked out a chocolate cake and a few little gifts for him.  We sang Happy Birthday and Ethan helped blow out the candles.  He even picked out his daddy's present all by himself which turned out to be quite interesting :)
Although the weather wasn't quite as warm, Ethan and I still had lots of time outside.  We especially had fun blowing bubbles, finding bugs, throwing balls, and writing with chalk.  Here are a few pics from one of our outside days.

On April 24th we got to welcome a new member to the family, Andrew Richard Kliefoth!  We were very excited to go meet him and got some special cuddle time at the hospital.  Ethan was very nice to Andrew but was quite confused as to why he wasn't in his crib since he was sleeping. Ever since meeting Andrew, Ethan has thought I also have a baby Andrew in my belly :)
Congratulations Kel and Chad, he is a cutie!
At the end of April we had a play date with my sister and Kileigh.  The two kids had lots of fun together.  Since it was cold outside, we went to McDonald's play land and then to see The Lorax in the theater.  It was Ethan's first ever movie.  He loved the movie but I think most of all he loved all of the treats :)

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

What a beautiful update! So many fun and lovely things going on! You"re such a beautiful Mama, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend! Love you bunches!

Tracey Leeder said...

Awww how sweet is that picture of your boys laying on the floor with all the little animals tucked in! You are making such wonderful memories with Ethan. He is such a loved little guy. He really is growing leaps and bounds in the language department. Has a mind of his own, thats for sure :) I am so happy he loves all of his little cars. I like to watch him and the way he lines them all up so prefectly. He know exactly which way he wants them, and you had better not touch!! I miss my Ethan cuddles and kisses. Everytime I ask for one now, he says "no kisses, thats gross". Hopefully he gets over that sometime soon :) Love you all very much. Jess, you are looking absolutely beautiful. You glow when you are pregnant. I am so glad things seem to be going a bit better this time around.

Tracey Leeder said...

PS. Nice to see some pictures of you and Ethan together! Need more!