Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 2012

In February, Ethan has continued to develop his skill at playing pretend. He has been playing a ton with his stuffed animals, cars, figurines, and play-doh. They all make noises, hug, eat, sleep, go potty, and really anything else Ethan likes to do. One day we even pulled out my old stethoscope and listened to each other's hearts. Ethan tried really hard to play "doctor" and listen to his own heart. LinkAfter awhile trying on his own, he enlisted dad's help.
Another favorite has become Mr. Potato Head (or as he calls it Tata-tata). Here is one of his many creations. Don't you just love the new fake smile we get when we ask him to say "cheese"?Early on in February, on one of my weekends to work, Mike and his family went to Lake Geneva and walked around an exhibit of ice/snow sculptures. I think the exhibit was made just for Ethan. There was a pirate, dragon, and dinosaur!



After walking around the exhibit the kids even got to watch the helicopter take off and land! I heard about the helicopter for the rest of the week so I know Ethan really must have loved it.
Here we are playing night night. Ethan and all of his toys get blankets (or apparently washcloths), turn off the lights, and go to sleep.
Pile on in! Ethan has had lots of fun with this new toy. For Christmas, Ethan got this mini ball pit that he has used for a tent. On this particular night, Ethan and all of his toys piled into the pit and played and read stories.
We would like to introduce you to Ethan's new best bud. He has upgraded from his blanket and now carries around "green bear" everywhere he goes. He goes to sleep, watches toons, and plays with Ethan all day long.
On another weekend that I was sleeping, Ethan and Mike met his family at church. I told the boys to get a picture of the two of them because they looked very nice! Although Ethan doesn't look to thrilled to pose for a picture with his dad...
he was very happy to pose for a pic with his cousin Lainey. The two have become more like friends now instead of toddler and baby.
We even had a special treat this week with an extra play date with Lainey. Mike's mom had to head to Rockford to be with Mike's grandpa so we got some extra play time! The kids put on some Mr. Potato Head glasses and sang and played like crazy!
For a little while, we even had our own little band. Complete with drums, a recorder, tambourine, and maracas! Oh and let's not forget Ethan's beautiful singing in the microphone!
Another development that I can't show you a picture of is Ethan's attitude. Although he is still mostly a very good boy, he has his moments. When he is busy doing something and does not want to be interrupted, Mike and I are now frequently told to "Go cook!" or "Go away!" with a finger point to the other room.

Finally, for those who are following the belly progress, here is my 16 week picture from this week. We had our first ultrasound to look at my cervix and see if the funneling that happened with Ethan is happening again. So far, so good - no funneling! From what I have read, a cervix should measure between 4 and 4.5cm at 16-20 weeks. Mine measured 3.7 cm. So, apparently we are already a bit short but that is just something we will have to continue to watch. I see my doctor at 18 weeks and have another ultrasound at 20 weeks, so I guess we will have to wait and see!

1 comment:

Tracey Leeder said...

What talent those ice sculptors have! My goodness, I have never seen anything so amazing carved from snow/ice. Looks like it was perfect for Ethan! I bet he and Mike enjoy doing some father/son things while you sleep. They both sure do look handsome all dressed up. You are looking so beautiful once again during your pregnancy. You always do, pregnancy or not! I love you all.