Oh so proud of his fun...stinker!
Friday, August 12, 2011
August = Lots of New Experiences for Everyone!
On August 2nd, we were inside making dinner when a storm came overhead. Little did we know what the storm was carrying, HAIL! Mike and I had never seen any hail bigger than a marble, so this was quite the experience for all of us, especially Ethan. He spent the storm out in the garage with Mike yelling at the hail for being naughty..lol. After the storm passed, we all went out in search of the biggest hail we could find.
Here was the winner!
The next afternoon we went out on an extra long boat ride out to the other side of the lake and had dinner with Mike's mom, Lainey, and Chad. Ethan loves sitting in the driver's seat!
He even got to ride next to his best bud, Chad!
At the bar we ate at they had a pool table. Ethan and Lainey had fun rolling the ball back and forth.
This past week we had quite the event at our house. No, this is not the scene of a murder...
And no, Ethan is not the next serial killer...
While I was busy washing the dishes, with the thought that he was being so good reading books in his room, he was busy sneaking across the hallway to the bathroom and getting into mom's lipstick! Here he is assessing the damages.
Oh so proud of his fun...stinker!
Another strange thing this week happened when Ethan and I were exploring outside. We were looking at all of the empty cicada shells on our tree out front, pointing, and saying ewww when I noticed one of them looked a little funny. That's when we noticed there was still a bug in it, squirming to get out, gross! But just in case no one else has seen it, I thought I could share the progression :)
After we found it, the first thing we did was call my mom, the nature photographer! She sped right over with her camera in hand to snap some shots of the nasty bug! Mike also got home a bit later and started talking about the cicada, thing was that it was a different one! Yes, there were TWO nasty bugs trying to get out of their shells! Here is the second one with Ethan saying "mama, grandma, ewww!"
So we switched focus, and started to watch the second bug. It didn't take long and he made his way out of the shell. Then he just had to wait for his wings to dry out.
Inspired by my mom's photography, here is a shot looking down on the bug and his old shell just before he made his way up the tree.
P.S. That first cicada did not plan his journey very well. He had himself right in the direct sunlight and completely dried out before he could make his escape.
Oh so proud of his fun...stinker!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
WOW! Awesome pictures! I love, love, love your storytelling, Jess! Ethan is such a little man (aside from the lipstick fetish)! So cute! What a great family you are! Love you!
Oh man, Now I can really see the damage done by the E-man! He had a great time with your lipstick didn't he? Hopefully you were able to get it out of the rug and shower curtain, little stinker! Amazing how quickly they can get into big trouble, isn't it? He will love those pictures when he's older. I think I am going to make a nature photographer out of you yet! Thanks again for thinking of me so I could get some great pictures of the Cicadas. Love you!
Post a Comment