Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our Little Fish

The past couple of weeks have been quite busy for us! Last week, Mike, Ethan, Peg, Lainey and I took a trip down to Rockford to see Mike's grandpa. While we were there, we went out for breakfast at Stockholm. It's a Swedish restaurant that we absolutely LOVE! Here is a pic of Lainey and I with the cow found in the lobby, then one of Ethan and his grandma, Peg.Although I'm not completely sure which day it was, Ethan had the opportunity to hang out with his girlfriend, Emelia, a few times over the past couple of weeks. Their favorite game at the time is to try to see who can yell louder. If one of them starts to cry, the other quickly follows suit. Here are some pics from their last two dates:Perhaps the most exciting trip for Ethan over the last couple of weeks, was the trip to the Whitewater Aquatic Center. Since he absolutely loves his bath time, we thought he would also enjoy the pool. So, when asked by his grandma Peg and Lainey to accompany them, it wasn't a hard decision! He spent over an hour just floating around in the water with me. No fussing or crying, he just laid back and relaxed. Here are some pics from the day.
Finally, on Wednesday, we had Ethan's 2 month check up with Doctor Roe. He said Ethan looks like a healthy little guy and is on track as far as milestones go. He can hold his head up for a short amount of time, track a moving object, smile, coo, and respond to mom's and dad's voices. He also got his first set of shots. I'm pretty sure it was much more painful for my mom and I than it was for Ethan. He only cried for a couple of minutes - what a trooper! Here are his numbers:
Weight: 12 lbs even - 58th percentile
Height: 24 inches - 85th percentile
Head: 40 cm. - 77th percentile
His next check up isn't until 4 months old, which is nice now that the check ups also include shots!

3 comments:

Kel said...

Seriously, those swim trunks are so cute! Sounds like you all had a very busy week!

Tracey Leeder said...

I love those trunks on baby E. He was such a good boy at the Dr. You are right, it was very painful for you and I for him to get the shots! He didn't like it, but wasn't traumatized at all! I myself, felt a little trauma...lol. I really liked going with you two to the Dr. Its always wonderful to spend time with you guys. Ethan just melts my heart with his smiles and coos. He is quite the story teller! Love you all! MOM

K Hutchinson said...

Looks like it was a fun time! Such cute swim trucks! Stockholm has the best crepes it is my favorite place to eat breakfast! So worth the drive!