Today I had yet another doctor appointment. My cervix is still closed and 50% thinned out - so no change since the last appointment. My doctor talked about induction and, after talking with Mike about it, we decided we want to let it just happen naturally. After she told me being induced doubles your risk of having a c-section, it was a no-brainer. Also, being induced would mean constant monitoring and not really any ability to walk through the contractions, making the likelihood of needing/wanting an epidural way greater.
The only other real news from the appointment is that I am still measuring a couple of weeks smaller than normal. I am measuring 35 weeks, although I am technically a bit over 37 weeks. So, if next week my dates are off by more than 2 weeks, she is recommending an ultrasound (AGAIN!) to make sure he is growing appropriately. From feeling on the outside of my belly, she guesses he is about average - 6 1/2 pounds right now and about 7 to 7 1/2 at birth!
Next appointment is again next Thursday - wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment